job post: senior developer.
if you share our interests, we want to hear from you; get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
who we are
- We want to work on hard technical problems, and have a track record of doing deeply technical work. We have designed, built, and delivered complex, distributed, scalable backend systems for the web that have stood the test of time.
- We are product engineers. We collaborate with business, product, data science, design and other engineering teams to figure out the whys, whats and hows of product. We understand trade-offs.
- We build teams. We make incremental improvements to processes, upskill the people we work with, maintain open lines of communication, and build long lasting client relationships.
- We create high level designs, write down architecture decisions, tech specs, product specs where necessary, break them down into user stories, pair on building and writing tests, take things into production, and iterate.
- While every project is a little different, all our engineers, regardless of seniority, ship code, and are responsible for keeping it running in production.
you'd be a good fit if
- Everything you’ve read so far resonates with you, including running a company like nilenso. Here are some FAQs on what it’s like to work with us; we’re happy to talk more about what this entails during the interview.
- You have one or two programming languages under your belt that you are very comfortable in. You can reflect on the language runtime, developer ecosystem, choice of libraries, and quality of code and tests.
- You can reason about systems holistically, taking into account maintainability, speed of delivery, and performance goals.
- You are comfortable ramping up on unfamiliar tech stacks, digging into legacy codebases, identifying the good, bad and ugly parts of a codebase and making improvements incrementally.
- You have mentored folks either formally through training or informally, while working with them.