the perks of being an ensonian
nilenso is a remote-friendly, employee-owned software consultancy based in India and Canada with more than 10 years of experience building thoughtful, well-crafted products. And we’re hiring right now!
- We place employee happiness first.
- We strive to be a progressive organization, which is often years ahead of present policies.
- We place a lot of trust in our employees to do the right thing.
A great place to work
- We are a company filled with people who are kind, understanding and passionate about programming.
- We care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- We deeply care about our craft, and focus on personal and professional growth.
- We believe in internal transparency and workplace democracy. Our salaries and annual reviews are open to everyone in the organization. We have no corporate secrets.
A track record for doing challenging work
- We have solved challenging business problems, at scale for a host of organizations ranging from fast-moving start-ups, to stable fintechs, to global healthcare NGOs.
- Historically, the majority of our projects have been staff-augmentation. While being a consultant, we own product/business outcomes, work deeply with the team, be on-call and participate in resolving production issues.
- We see ourselves as insiders, not outsiders. We will work with or as a team-lead, and collaborate with product managers and stakeholders.
- We normalize working reasonable hours with breaks. Except to deal with the odd production issue, we don't work late evenings or on weekends.
- Ensonians enjoy 33 days of paid leave annually.
- We offer paid menstrual leave for anyone who needs it, no questions asked. This does not count as leave.
- We believe that parenting is a joy and a responsibility that should be shared by all parents. Anyone (regardless of gender) welcoming a newborn (biological or adopted) is offered 6 months paid and a further 6 months unpaid leave.
- We cover the basic requirements to make your work more enjoyable by providing a full workstation, which
includes, but is not limited to:
- A Mac/Linux machine.
- A standing desk and a comfortable chair.
- A monitor, mechanical keyboard, mouse, and webcam.
- Best-in-class headphones.
- If you need anything else, just ask, we'll try.
Growth and mentorship
- Ensonians have a flexible expense account with an unlimited learning budget.
- An extensive library (buy any book, no questions asked) and frequent conference attendance is our baseline.
- Senior Ensonians care about mentoring and helping each-other grow.
Health and Well-being
- Health insurance for you and your family of ₹ 6 lakhs per person.
- nilenso also reimburses any expenses (consultation, therapy, medication and any other expenses relating to your mental well being) up to ₹ 1L/year for you, your partner, parents or children.