- A new programming language
- Tools like git, that enable modern development processes
- Practices like iterative development, pair programming
- Writing tests, CI/CD
- Working with unix tools
- How to design, develop, and deploy backend applications
- What working on a real project feels like, by shadowing on one
🚀 Job Post: Trainee Developer
This position is currently filled. We may have more openings for this role in the future. Please email us or follow us on Twitter to know more.
We’re looking for passionate, curious folks to work with.
This is a full time role, and will be a good fit for you if you’re looking to kick-start your software dev career. You are expected to be familiar with at least one programming language, and to demonstrate a strong ability to learn. We also welcome your application if your educational background or work experience are in a different domain and you’re looking to transition into a dev career. The training period is a preparatory stage for becoming a junior developer., and we will review your transition at regular intervals.
The lack of diversity in technology is a problem. To do our part in addressing this, we are keen on hearing from women and other under-represented communities in India for this position.
💁♀️ Working at nilenso
We are a boutique consulting firm based in Bangalore (though we are fully remote at the moment and our members are free to work from any location of their choice), structured as an employee-owned cooperative. Together, we’re building an open, inclusive company.
To us, programming is not just a job. We care deeply about the craft of creation, and the impact we make in the world.
You can find more details about how we do our work, what growth looks like, and other FAQs on our employee handbook.
🗓 What you can expect to learn
You will spend about twelve months learning tools and practices that will enable you to kick-start your career in software development. You will be guided throughout the training period, and will also have opportunities to learn from the many experienced developers at nilenso. You can expect to learn:
📝 What we expect from you
👩💻 Programming skills
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language. Share with us the most significant work you have done.
- Expect us to ask you about the assumptions you've made, the questions you had etc.
📚 Ability to learn independently
- Track record of having learnt something significant by yourself.
- Ability to dive into details, and have beyond surface level knowledge about the things you have learnt.
🧐 Demonstrable interest in writing software
- Show us your code! We would expect you to be able to walk us through your code, or at least talk about it in detail.
- Tell us about online courses you’ve taken, meetups or conferences you’ve attended, open source contributions you’ve made, or an interesting book you’ve read.
🏡 On being remote
Last year amidst COVID-19, we became a fully remote company. People are working from their home offices, or anywhere, really. We might open up an office again when it is safe, though folks will have the option to continue working from home if they prefer that. If there’s a way we can make your work experience more comfortable or fun, we’ll do it.
⚡️ Essentials and Perks
- 💻 We’ll ensure that you have a comfortable home office, including a full workstation and any software licenses you need.
- 📚 We have an extensive library, and encourage you to make use of it, as well as buy books you’d like to read or tickets for conferences you’d like to attend.
- 🔍 Salaries, finances, and reviews are all transparent at nilenso.
- 🌴 We offer paid menstrual leave as well as additional paid time off.
- ➕ We provide full physical and mental health insurance coverage for your family.
- 💛 A whole lot of learning, collaboration and fun!
👉 Please submit this form to apply: https://forms.gle/k2vetfGMGJtpFm8ZA