- We want to work on hard technical problems, and have a track record of doing deeply technical work. We have designed, built, and delivered complex, distributed, scalable backend systems for the web that have stood the test of time. You can read about some of our projects, their technical details, and check out the talks we’ve given to know more.
- We are product engineers. We collaborate with business, product, data science, design and other engineering teams to figure out the whys, whats and hows of product. We understand trade-offs.
- We build teams. We make incremental improvements to processes, upskill the people we work with, maintain open lines of communication, and build long lasting client relationships.
- We create high level designs, write ADRs / Tech specs / PRDs where necessary, break them down into user stories, pair on building and writing tests, take things into production, and iterate.
- While every project is a little different, all our engineers, regardless of seniority, ship code, and are responsible for keeping it running in production.
👷♀️ Job Post: Senior Developer
We’re looking for passionate, curious folks to work with.
In our experience, you will need at least 5 years of shipping code to production for this role, but we're happy to hear from you if you can demonstrate you are a good fit with less experience.
The lack of diversity in technology is a problem. To do our part in addressing this, we are keen on hearing from women and other under-represented communities in India for this position.
💁♀️ About nilenso
We are an 8 year old boutique technology consulting firm. We care about the impact that we make in the world. As an employee-owned cooperative, we all are stakeholders in how nilenso is run and can prioritise employee happiness: we don’t need to justify how happy employees impact the bottom line. We’re currently a fully remote team of friendly people across India with one member in Canada, and are hiring folks based in either of these geographies.
👩💻️ Our Work
📝 We think you'd be a good fit if
- Everything you’ve read so far resonates with you, including running a company like nilenso. Here are some FAQs on what it’s like to work with us; we’re happy to talk more about what this entails during the interview.
- You have one or two programming languages under your belt that you are very comfortable in. You can reflect on the language runtime, developer ecosystem, choice of libraries, and quality of code and tests.
- You can reason about systems holistically, taking into account maintainability, speed of delivery, and performance goals.
- You are comfortable ramping up on unfamiliar tech stacks, digging into legacy code bases, identifying the good, bad and ugly parts of a codebase and making improvements incrementally.
- You have mentored folks either formally through training or informally, while working with them.
⚡️ Essentials and Perks
- 💻 Comfortable home office, including a laptop (currently the Apple M1 or Dell Precision 5550 but we’re happy to accommodate preferences), full workstation and any software licenses you need.
- 💳 Flexible expense account to buy any books (that you can’t find in our library), courses or tickets to conferences you’d like to attend.
- 🔍 Open salaries, finances, and reviews.
- 🌴 Generous leave policy, including a no questions asked paid menstrual leave policy.
- ➕ Full physical and mental health insurance cover for your family.
A more comprehensive list of our company policies is outlined here.
📩 To Apply
Please email email@example.com with your CV or Linkedin profile, and any code you’ve written that you’re happy to share with us.