We'd love to work with you
We're also hiring at other levels, just send an email to email@example.com.
What we care about
- Freedom, transparency and respect
- Growing individually and collectively
- Making a meaningful contribution
- Building relationships
What we work on
We've spent significant time scaling and squeezing runtime performance out of Postgres and analytics performance out of HBase and Redshift.
Most of our code is on the backend, and it makes a lot of sense to us to write backend code in a LISP on the JVM, but we're not wedded to it. "Best tool for the job" applies at nilenso -- but the "best" tool needs to be quantified with facts. We love facts. We might be knee-deep in Swift or Rust or C (who knows) next year and we're looking for other open-minded developers to share their excitement with us.
On being remote
Last year amidst COVID-19, we became a fully remote company. People are working from their home offices, or anywhere, really. We might open up an office again when it is safe, though folks will have the option to continue working from home if they prefer that. If there’s a way we can make your work experience more comfortable or fun, we’ll do it.
Essentials and Perks
- 💻 We’ll ensure that you have a comfortable home office, including a full workstation and any software licenses you need.
- 📚 We have an extensive library, and encourage you to make use of it, as well as buy books you’d like to read or tickets for conferences you’d like to attend.
- 🔍 Salaries, finances, and reviews are all transparent at nilenso.
- 🌴 We offer paid menstrual leave as well as additional paid time off.
- ➕ We provide full physical and mental health insurance coverage for your family.
- 💛 A whole lot of learning, collaboration and fun!
A more comprehensive list of our company policies is outlined here.
- Rock climbing
- Human languages
- Board games
- Video games
- Blue Planet
- Making music
We're not fans of
- Giving 120%
- Working weekends
- Opaque decision making
- Noisy open offices
More about us
nilenso is an employee-owned technology cooperative in Bangalore.
- We are a completely transparent organisation that believes in self governance. Being a part of nilenso means that there are no corporate secrets: we go out of our way to inform everyone in the company of our financial position, salaries and future plans.
- Everyone in the company has authority and autonomy. Everyone with authority is responsible for how they wield it.